HOW TO PROPERLY "BED IN" A NEW SET OF BRAKE PADS
- Accelerate vehicle to 30 MPH.
- Apply brakes using "light" to "moderate" pedal effort to a "slow" stop.
- Repeat procedure 5 times allowing 30 second intervals for brake recovery between each procedure.
Under no circumstances should the vehicle be driven with brakes continually applied during the break-in procedure as this will cause:
- Excessive heat to be generated.
- Resins to be burnt.
- Loss of braking efficiency.
Be certain to avoid heavy braking or panic stops for the first 150 - 200 miles of driving, except of course in emergency situations. This prevents the creation of "glaze" before the pad have a chance to properly seat.