HOW TO GET HOT AIR OUT OF YOUR COOLING SYSTEM
Should your have the general impression that your car runs too hot or too cool you can "adjust" it with a different thermostat.
- Switch heater to "warm" position and slowly fill up coolant.
- Close radiator cap tightly.
- Rev engine or drive car at approx. 2500 RPM until operating temperature is reached, then shut off.
- Now remove cap (do not open the radiator cap until the pointer of the temperature gauge is in the first half of the white zone otherwise the coolant would boil due to the pressure drop), start engine and run with cap off for 30 seconds at approx. 4000 RPM to expel the air contained.
- Top off coolant up to 1/2" from fill neck. If it takes a large quantity repeat procedure.
- Close radiator cap tightly